Osborne was born in Ovid, Idaho, to Scottish immigrants. He grew
up on a small farm, and attended schools in Smithfield, Utah. His
first job was working in Montana building railroad. He then came
to Star Valley in 1890 at the age of twenty-five at the invitation of
his father, and established a ranching and cattle business.
· Ordained as Bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-
day Saints in 1893 and served for twenty-five years. He also
served in many other capacities in the church.
· Helped in building the Afton Tabernacle.
· In 1917 he purchased a load of registered Holstein cattle
from Davenport, Iowa, which helped improve the valley
· Helped in incorporating the Town of Afton.
· Served as Mayor of Afton for four years.
· Helped in bringing electric lights to Afton.
· Served two terms in the Wyoming State Legislature.
· Served as Committee Chairman for the first telephone line
from Montpelier, Idaho to Afton.
· He was Owner and Manager of O. Low Telephone Company.
· He was a champion wrestler, very athletic, and loved good