Elno, a native son of Star Valley, was a determined visionary,
inspirational leader and exemplary man.
· General manager of Lower Valley Power and Light 33 years
(1943 - 1976).
· Merged Jackson Hole Electric Association into LVP&L, and
obtained funds from the Rural Electrification Administration
to acquire Star Valley Power and Light Company.
· Developed contractual relationship with the Bonneville
Power Administration to provide low-cost electricity to
LVP&L Company and its patrons.
· Influential board member of the Snake River Power,
Northwest Public Power and National Rural Electric
· Mayor of Afton, and member of Afton Town Council.
· Chairman of the board of Star Valley Hospital.
· President of the Star Valley Chamber of Commerce.
· President of District 19 School Board.
· President, zone chairman, and deputy district governor of
Afton Lions Club.
· Recipient of Distinguished Community Service Award of
Kiwanis Clubs of Wyoming.
· Active member and leader in The Church of Jesus Christ of