Born in West Jordan, Utah, in 1875. He arrived in Afton with his
parents on October 1, 1889, at the age of fourteen. At the age of
sixteen he became a bookkeeper for Gardner Mills and functioned
in that capacity for the next sixty years. His record of service to
his Church, the Town of Afton, Lincoln County and the State of
Wyoming was unequaled by any of his contemporaries:
· President of Star Valley Stake of the LDS Church
1913 - 1940.
· Trustee of Afton’s first School District.
· Afton City Councilman 1901 - 1904.
· Second Mayor of Afton 1905 - 1907.
· Member of the Wyoming House of Representatives
1909 - 1911.
· Member of Wyoming Senate for 10 consecutive
Legislative Sessions 1915 - 1935.
· President of Senate in 1931, Acting Governor on two
· President and Director of Star Valley State Bank 1930
· Lincoln County Commissioner 1940 - 1949.