Charles Drake Cazier was born in Kentucky in 1837, and came
across the plains in 1851 with the early Mormon pioneers, settling
first in Utah. He married Harriet Gates in 1858, and they had
twelve children. Charles was assigned by Church authorities in
1880 to settle in Star Valley, becoming one of the first nine
householders to live in the area. He was an exemplary Church and
· Called as Star Valley’s Presiding Elder, 1881 - 1887.
· Afton’s first Postmaster.
· Surveyed a town site at the foot of the east mountains
· Afton’s first Bishop, 1887 - 1894.
· President of High Priest Quorum in the Star Valley Stake.
· Star Valley’s first Stake Patriarch, 1894 - 1915.
· Elected to the State Senate, 1894 - 1898.