Carl Robinson, prominent banker and businessman, was born in
Richmond, Utah. At the age of eight, his family moved to Freedom,
Wyoming, where they ranched and milked cows. In 1931 Carl
moved his family from Freedom to Afton to become cashier and
managing officer of the Star Valley State Bank. Carl was a family
man first, and his contributions to his church, community, and state
· Missionary in the California Mission. Bishop of Freedom
Ward for thirteen years. First Counselor of the Star Valley
Stake Presidency for seven years.
· President and managing officer of Star Valley State Bank for
over forty years.
· President and Vice President of the Wyoming Bankers
· Afton Lions Club President and charter member, and Star
Valley Chamber of Commerce President.
· One of original organizers of the Star Valley Swiss Cheese
Company, and officer and director for over thirty years.
· Boy Scouts of America Tendoy Council President and Vice
President, received scouting’s “Silver Beaver Award” for
· Served four terms in the Wyoming House of
Representatives, and elected Speaker of the House.
Served two terms as a Wyoming State Senator.
· Wyoming State Auditor.