Born in Pleasant Grove, Utah, Alda came to Afton with her husband
Milford Gardner in 1929. She was the mother of six children, and
dedicated her life to serving others. She is most often
remembered for her work with the youth of Star Valley as an
exemplary teacher in the Star Valley Stake Seminary of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Afton.
· Teacher in the Star Valley Stake Seminary in Afton 28 years,
10 years as principal.
· Leader of youth in dance, speech and drama, and 5 years as
president of the Stake YWMIA, 1929-48.
· Sunday school teacher, 42 years.
· Chairman of Afton First Ward booth, Lincoln County Fair.
· Member, Community Library Committee, Literary Club, Red
Cross Committee, Home Beautification Committee.
· Published author and poet, in demand as a speaker and
· Graduate of Brigham Young University with high honors,
member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honorary Society, 1952.
· Missionary with her husband, Cumorah New York Mission,